Life as a Bible School Student

I'm one of of your regular college students...I like my sleep in days; I sometimes procrastinate on my assignments; I love to hang out with friends and play sports on my time off. However my college is different than what you might expect. I'm not studying for medical school and I'm not learning a trade...I'm studying the Bible. Me and my fellow students are investing our time and resources into learning just one book that is hundreds of years old...this is the life I lead...this is the life of a College Student at NBBI

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Focused On Christ

So here at NBBI we just had two weekends of Teen Retreats. In short almost 300 teens invaded our campus and lives for Friday Saturday and Sunday of the last two weeks. It's been a wild ride of fantastic fun, junk food, screams, lost voices, ice cold water, and amazing Bible teaching. We had the teens play some of the craziest games and do some of the craziest things just to win the weekend for their team and it was loads of fun. However these times during the weekends can be pretty tough and trying for the students. Take what used to be our sleep and day and time off and replace it with extra responibilities, late nights, and craziness and you get a big chance of having discouraged, tired, and sick students. One of the things we have to do here at NBBI is never lose our focus. It's not the same as other campus', we are not all about the grades or the sports or the firends we can make...our focus is on Jesus Christ. Teen retreats has been an amazing opportunity for us to share with others what Christ has done in our lives and it gives us an opportunity to test our focus and dependence upon God. When your running on little sleep and exams are coming your either thriving with the peace and joy that comes from relying on Christ or your in a state of exauhstion and depression from trying to do it in your own strength. It's the perfect practise for real life. When your working full time with people or trying to be a witness for God after a week of hard work you will either stand or fall on this one principle...where is your focus. Is it on Christ or is it on something else. Take Peter for example...when he was focused on Christ he could do extraordinary things yet when he began to focus on the wind and the waves he began to sink...so where is your focus today? Is it on Christ or is it on something else...fellow students if you don't have joy and peace than I encourage you to check your focus...when we keep our eyes on Christ He will supply us with the strength, peace, and joy that we need...only when we keep our focus on Christ will we be able to say at the end of our life, "I have fought the good fight, and I have finished the race"

No comments:

Post a Comment