Life as a Bible School Student

I'm one of of your regular college students...I like my sleep in days; I sometimes procrastinate on my assignments; I love to hang out with friends and play sports on my time off. However my college is different than what you might expect. I'm not studying for medical school and I'm not learning a trade...I'm studying the Bible. Me and my fellow students are investing our time and resources into learning just one book that is hundreds of years old...this is the life I lead...this is the life of a College Student at NBBI

Monday 6 February 2012

Cast Your Cares Upon Him

This week has been a big grwoing week fo me and some friends here at NBBI. It's one of those times when work strts to pile up and colds went around and many of my friends went through some trials and challenges this week. I myself wrestled with some big questions. It is in these times that I love the words in 1 Peter 5:7...Cast your cares upon Him for he cares for you. Life at times just seems to pull out all the stops and just hits us with all it's got. Wether it's a question God doesn't seem to answer, the pain from a situation, or the loss of a loved one life can really hurt some days. As Christians God doesn't promise to make our life always good and happy...in fact He warns us that trials and hard times are part of the cost for following Him. But He does promise to e with us and to support us through the hard times in life. It reminds me of a skit me and others on a team called SEM is doing...it's performed to the song called "Everything Falls Apart" by Fee. It has an amazingly powerful message that God will hold us together even when our life seems to fall apart. When God says to cast our cares upon Him I believe it is beacuse some worries and cares that we try to bear were never meant for us. When a loved one dies or when life just doesn;t make sense we are crushed under the extreme weight of sorrow and injustice. It is then that God calls out to us and tells us to cast our cares upon Him. Wecan rest in the knowledge that God is always wih us, always supporting us, and always working to give us what is best. So what are your worried about today or is their a greif or sorrow laid upon your heart...lay it at the feet of Jesus and know that He cares for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment